Join us for our Chatbot panel, where experts who’ve released one or more chatbots will discuss the industry and trends. After Mark Zuckerberg discussed Facebook chatbots at the f8 conference this spring, there’s been huge interest in chatbots, with several startups in LA taking the lead. We’ll discuss: what are popular chatbots; chatbots for entertainment, customer service, healthcare, and other industries, and how to communicate to users that it’s a chatbot. We’ll also discuss how to create a chatbot: Where to find a chatbot developer, how to find writers to write in the right voice, and how to create a robust conversational set. Does your chatbot know it’s a chatbot? We’ll also discuss how to release and market your chatbot, how brands can use chatbots in sales, marketing and customer service, and chatbot resources in LA and nationally.
SCHEDULED SPEAKERS: – Audrey Wu, Imperson, Director. Imperson just graduated the Disney Accelerator program last summer. Imperson’s in-house creative team of developers and writers has recently created chatbots with personality for entertainment brands to help market top films and TV shows. Imperson is currently powering the Miss Piggy Chat experience via Facebook messenger. (since she is a busy diva). Imperson also created the Zootopia Judy Hopps chatbot experience to help promote the Zootopia home video release. Judy Hopps was named one of the top 10 chatbots this year by Mobile Marketer. Imperson’s text through speech technology can be used on text, voice and video.
– Paul Gray, Kik, Director, Platform Services. Kik has been working with brands and developers to launch bots since 2014. Clients include MTV, Paramount, Spotify and Burger King and recently launched Victoria’s Secret. Kiks bots have generated 16M+ conversations between users and brand bots with over 500M engagements. Paul also established partner guidelines for “Chatbot” developers and directly secured 100+ developers to launch on platform including Vine, Riffsy Gif Keyboard, Amazon and Wirkn. He defined and launched Kik “Sponsored Gifs”, a native advertising product.
– Greg Cohn, Burner, CEO. Burner recently created Ghostbot in collaboration with Voxable and a local L.A. writer. Ghostbot is a witty text message autoresponder bot that anyone can add to Burner to handle unwanted, aggressive, or abusive texting situations. Burner’s technology also lets developers to create their own SMS text message bots similar to Ghostbot.
– Crystal Rose, Sensay, Co-Founder. Sensay is the chatbot network connecting humans together for advice and opportunities. Sensay matches and connects humans to chat with each other across all popular messengers including Facebook, Slack, Kik, Telegram and SMS, with international chat bots in beta.
– 7-7:30p Check-in and Networking
– 7:30-8:30 Panel
– 8:30-9p After Networking
– Parking on your own, or take the Metro to the 7th/Fig stop and walk a half block west to the newly opened Cross Campus downtown. Take the elevator to the 2nd floor.