About Cross Campus
Cross Campus partners with building owners to redesign the modern office experience in the image of a boutique hotel, making it more socially active, inspiring, and amenity driven. A globally recognized brand and among the top “coworking” portfolios on the West Coast by footprint, we deliver workspace and event hosting solutions to over 2,500 members ranging from startups and SME’s to Fortune 50 companies.
We are an investor backed, pre Series B company with a world class team that is growing as we scale our brand and capabilities in the market.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) plays a critical role within the company, engaging with the Board of Directors, institutional investors, and the executive team to guide company strategy.
About the Chief Operating Officer role
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is a key leadership role within Cross Campus, with broad oversight over our current portfolio and pipeline of locations in development. Operationally, the COO has direct responsibility over Customer Experience, Construction, and Human Resources within the organization. Working in partnership with the CEO and CTO, the COO will drive enhancements to the operating platform to ensure efficiency and excellent customer experience as the company scales.
Essential functions of the COO
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a hospitality service organization that mirror the mission and core values of the company. Bottom line: Design, build and operate beautiful spaces that inspire and augment the work of our members and guests
- Ensure that brand standards are maintained throughout the portfolio
- Develop and implement hospitality standards and a service culture that drive market-leading NPS and minimize churn
- Oversee development of internal systems, communication structures, organizational structures and people processes to support a business growing 2-3x every year
- Enhance capabilities around business intelligence, metrics and reporting to ensure that Company strategy is well informed through a period of rapid expansion
- Oversee Human Resources including hiring and training to ensure that we are attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the market
- Work with Development team to create Design & Construction standards, processes, and systems that support the delivery of new locations on time & on budget
Experience & Background
- 10+ years Hospitality experience required for this position, either Hotel or Restaurant
- Management consulting, or Founder level experience in Hospitality, a plus
- Demonstrated experience driving unit growth of a small / medium sized hospitality portfolio
- Strong people skills and a desire to build great corporate culture and brand equity
- Ability to communicate vision to board of directors, and institutional investors
Compensation & Role
- Located out of Cross Campus’ Santa Monica HQ
- Competitive base salary and equity package
- Full benefits package