Cross Campus, Southern California’s leading network of collaborative, on-demand workspaces and business event venues, is seeking an experienced Event Production Manager to join our quickly growing events team. We host a high volume of best-in-class event programming, focused on business, education and entrepreneurship, and we’re looking for someone who has a passion for executing at the highest professional standards to ensure a peak experience for guests and organizers alike.
This is not a “clock in – clock out” job. It requires staying past normal working hours on a regular basis to oversee event execution and interact with organizers and guests.
The main responsibility of the Event Production Manager will be to handle the production of events—from to consultation for determination of production needs (catering, bar, rentals, floor plan), billing, all the way through day-of event production. This also includes client management and scheduling, managing and overseeing on-site staff.
The Event Manager will also handle the administrative aspect of events and making sure all details are clear in our system and disseminated to the necessary team members, as well as research, build and cultivate new organizer, vendor and service provider relationships.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with a proven track record planning and executing successful events
- Strong organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, and experience in developing and maintaining systems and processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative relationships with other staff, clients, vendors and guests
- Exceptional project management
- Experience working with outside catering services and rental companies
- Experience managing full-time and hourly event staff, bartenders and catering staff
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage several events at different locations simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and thrive in fast-paced goal oriented environment
- Ability to work and complete tasks independently
- Integrity, flexibility and creativity
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a willingness to pitch in at all times
- Willingness and availability to work nights and weekends as needed for events
- Proficiency with Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Gmail), Microsoft Office suite and other major cloud-based applications
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work with a large, diverse group of employees and suppliers
- Proficiency in an event management software (Tripleseat is ideal)
- Experience operating AV systems - mics, speakers, projectors, etc.
- Knowledge of and interest in startup/tech industry a plus