About Cross Campus
Cross Campus partners with building owners to redesign the modern office experience in the image of a boutique hotel, making it more socially active, inspiring, and amenity driven. A globally recognized brand and among the top “coworking” portfolios on the West Coast by footprint, we deliver workspace and event hosting solutions to over 2,500 members ranging from startups and SME’s to Fortune 50 companies.
We are an investor backed, pre Series B company with a world class team that is growing as we scale our brand and capabilities in the market.
The Front Desk Associate is the air traffic controller of a Cross Campus facility, and the first person our members and guests see when they enter a facility.
- Greet and welcome members & guests who enter a Cross Campus location with enthusiasm and warmth.
- Be the eyes and ears of the front door to prevent unauthorized access.
- Field calls and answer questions or direct the callers to the right person on the location team.
- Accept and sort incoming mail & packages, notify members.
- Listen attentively to member and guest concerns or issues and communicate them effectively to the right member of the location team.
- Suggestively sell guests on Cross Campus membership where there is an opportunity.
- Send message reminders to ensure prospects show up for scheduled tours.
- Issue keycards to new members and manage new member.
- Keep an organized and tidy front desk
Experience & Qualifications
- High school or associate degree.
- At least one year of front desk or receptionist experience, preferably at a hotel.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Reliable and on-time.
Compensation & Benefits
- Role is full-time, hourly pay.
- Full benefits package.
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm.
- $18/hr to $22/hr based on experience, with the opportunity for promotion within the location team.